Flip for this blueberry oven pancake recipe.
Flipping pancakes is fine. Letting the oven do the work? Better. This fun, easy blueberry sheet pan pancake recipe lets you bake tasty, fluffy breakfast pancakes in the oven. Learn how.
Who doesn’t love a sheet pan meal?
Easy and generally only a couple steps to make, sheet pan recipes let the oven do the work so you can do anything other than stand at the stove cooking.
Now it’s time to get breakfast in on the sheet pan game. This blueberry sheet pan pancake recipe uses an easy buttermilk pancake batter and bakes in about 15 minutes. Cut the sheet pancakes into squares, top with syrup and butter, and a fantastic breakfast is served.
How to Make This Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe
The first step of this sheet pan pancake recipe is to preheat the oven with the greased sheet pan in it. You want that pan nice and hot to give the batter that initial sizzle, just like adding pancakes to a griddle.
While the oven and sheet pan are preheating, make the batter. Here’s what to do:
- First, whisk together the liquid ingredients. Temper in the butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, and stir just until mixed.
- Pour the pancake batter into the hot, greased sheet pan. Add blueberries, chocolate chips, or whatever add-ins you like. Bake until done.
- Now the bonus part: Throw the cooked pancake under the broiler just for a minute to brown the top.
How to Cut and Serve Your Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes
You want to serve these nice and hot. As soon as the sheet pan comes out of the oven, cut them into squares and serve just as you would “regular” pancakes.
These square pancakes make a charming and easy breakfast dish that saves time and effort, but guarantees all the reward.
Love these blueberry oven pancakes? Here are more great breakfast recipes:
- Healthy Overnight Oats
- Baked Sticky Bun French Toast Casserole
- John F. Kennedy’s Favorite Waffles
- Sweet Potato Morning Glory Muffins
- Bagel-Worthy Salmon Cream Cheese Spread
Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 2 or 3 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil or melted butter, to grease sheet pan
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries or add-ins of choice
- Maple syrup and softened butter, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and grease a half-sheet pan with melted butter or neutral vegetable oil. Be sure the grease the sides, too.
- Whisk together the milk, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk a few tablespoons of the milk mixture into the melted butter to temper, and then pour the tempered butter into the liquid. Whisk to fully combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir, just until combined. It's ok if there are a few lumps.
- Place the greased sheet pan in the oven and heat for a solid 5 minutes while the pancake batter stands and you pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee.
- Taking care not to burn yourself, remove the hot pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack or trivet. Pour the pancake batter into the sheet pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the blueberries or any toppings of choice all over.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the pancake is baked through and the center springs back when lightly pressed, like a cake.
- Change the oven setting to broil. Place the pancake under the broiler and brown the top. This will take around 1 or 2 minutes, but check almost constantly; it will brown very fast.
- Cut into squares and serve hot with butter and syrup.